Responding To Umair Haque’s Article about The Collapse of Our Civilization
Fully 80% of what he’s doing is educating us. The remaining 20% is a sort of hysteria. Because what he’s correctly seeing is upcoming massive death and destruction — and it’s not likely that America will reverse this course.
Why Economics Says Our Civilization is Going to Collapse
We’re a Poor Civilization That Thinks It’s a Rich One — and We’re Living Way Beyond Our Means
He’s clearly referring to U.S. Americans, but he’s also talking about the whole world — we’ve become that much interconnected. I’d call it “The Ripple Effect,” America’s influence on the future of the entire globe — but it’s no ripple — it’s more of a tsunami. Attitudes will change in the next decade or so, +/– , when climate and other disasters (starvation… etc) cause millions of human deaths.
Mr. Haque puts a lot of information into each article he writes. I pulled the two references he made in his article and I think you’d best see them.
In this one you’re going to get the advice of 1,300 leading scientists from 95 countries worldwide:
Global ecological disaster predicted in next 50 years
This degradation obstructs the UN Millennium Development Goals, set in 2000, the most ambitious of which was a halving…
And here’s the bad news about species loss, what’s called the 6th Extinction:
Half of the Species on Earth Could Go Extinct by 2050: Scientists
Half of Earth's species could go extinct by 2050 unless humanity addresses man-made climate change, according to…
Will humanity stop being capitalistic in the next four years? Will we grow our own food on sustainable gardens and farms in those same four years?
What I see is the opposite. You want your cake and eat it too. Or your car. Your Amazon deliveries. A better-paying job.
Nah-ah, not for me! I saw all this coming long ago and I’ve been living in the tropics. My monthly budget is a few hundred dollars, for food, internet, and renting a small house. As for global warming — it barely affects us where I’m living. In fact it’s been chilly in the mornings. Lucky me.
… Fred Ermlich
Thank you for reading. (Take-away: Try putting aside your terror for a moment and decide what you need to do.)